Designed for the compatibility with Shimano® road
Assioma DUO-Shi has been designed for Shimano® road users, as it offers the opportunity to keep on riding with your
current Shimano® pedal bodies* without giving up on the trustability and precision of Assioma.
Easy to install
Install and move your Assioma from one bike to another just like your normal pedals. You can do it easily and without
extra tools or the need of a mechanic.
Installation into your own Shimano® pedal bodies
Installing Assioma DUO-Shi into your own compatible Shimano® pedal bodies* is simple and quick. Watch the video
installation guide on the website cycling.favero.com.
*Compatible Shimano® pedal bodies
Assioma DUO-Shi is compatible with the following Shimano® pedal bodies: PD-R8000, PD-R7000, PD-6800, PDR550
The Q-factor of Assioma Look® version is of +54mm, whereas that of Assioma DUO-Shi measures +65mm.
Despite an initial concern related to the increase of the q-factor, we decided to proceed with the project considering that
the body size (height, pelvis width, etc.) is a subjective factor contributing to determining which is the best q-factor for
each one of us.
A final, positive feedback from our beta testers has eventually validated the product.
IAV Cycling Dynamics
Assioma provides advanced metrics called IAV Cycling Dynamics: IAV Power Phase and IAV Rider Position. These
metrics, combined with the classic power data, permit to analyze in details your pedaling technique and how your
position on the bike influences performance.
IAV Power and gyroscope
Unlike others, the measurement of Assioma is not affected by errors related to very irregular pedaling (e.g. uphill
sprints) or the use of oval chainrings. This is because Assioma is able to detect the actual instantaneous angular
velocity during the whole pedal stroke, thus providing ±1% accuracy in any conditions. Not only in the lab.
Bluetooth and ANT+
Assioma communicates with bike computers and smartphones (both Android and iOS) via Bluetooth and ANT+.
Real dual-sided power data
Assioma DUO-Shi measures power individually on both legs; this makes possible to observe with accuracy not only
Total Power, but also L/R Balance, Torque Effectiveness (TE), Pedal Smoothness (PS), etc.
Accuracy and consistency
Assioma guarantees accurate and consistent data in all conditions on the road, and at any temperature ranging from -
10°C and 60°C, thanks also to the ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation).
Waterproof, resistant and light
Assioma is the lightest pedal-based power meter in the market. Thanks to its compact design, it never interferes with the
pedaling: not even when cornering. The power sensors are protected by a bi-component resin block, extremely resistant
to shocks and completely waterproof.
Rechargeable and green
Assioma is the only pedal-based power meter for road with integrated rechargeable batteries; a single charge ensures at
least 50 hours of use.
Tested and guaranteed
Favero Electronics produces each power meter in-house and tests each of them thoroughly to fully satisfy the standard
required by current regulations.
• Power sensors for the right and left pedal
• Dual-sided power measurement
• Cadence sensor: included, inbuilt
• Gyroscope: included, inbuilt
• Power calculation system: IAV (Instantaneous Angular Velocity-based)
• IAV Cycling Dynamics: yes
• Oval-chainring compatible: yes
• Weight of Assioma DUO-Shi without pedal bodies: 99,0g per side (battery included)
• Weight of Assioma DUO-Shi with PD-R8000 pedal body: 157,0g per side (battery included)
• Adapter’s material: aerospace aluminium alloy
• Battery type: rechargeable lithium battery
• Battery life: at least 50 hours
• Radio communication: Bluetooth v4.0, ANT+ PWR profile (CT + PO)
• Accuracy power measurement: ± 1%
• Temperature compensation: -10°C / +60°C
• Waterproofness rating: IP67
• Q-factor: +65 mm
• Bike type: road
• Made in Italy
• Warranty: 2 years
• Left power sensor with adapter for Shimano® pedal bodies*
• Right power sensor with adapter for Shimano® pedal bodies*
• Battery charger including plugs (EU, US, UK, AU)
• 2 two-meter long micro-USB/USB cables with 2 magnetic connectors
• Hex key and 4 washers for the installation
• Assioma user manual
• Assioma DUO-Shi user manual
- Additional Information
Brand Favero Cleat Type Shimano SPD-SL Mask Size N/A